Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sit & type before you forget: Finale

Ok last one.

School of Rock Finals (31/8)
--------------------------------

Met up with Tini from Everti and went down to Junction 8 together. The place was PACKED. And the hot weather didn't help at all. Oh well, better that than having to stand in the rain. So, band after band performed and saw quite a few familiar faces, including Dharma from West grand Boulevard.

He didn't know me, but when i was down at StreetFest earlier this yr to catch my uncle's band, The Ziggies, WGB was the band after my uncle's (refer to post Thursday, June 09 05). I remembered Dharma 'cause i remembered what he was saying about technology and that we should use Apple computers instead of the PC (i think). I didn't know what I was thinking but i guess he seemed nice in SOFT so i decided to just say hi when he walked past me.
He seemed shocked tho'. Sorry dude, didn't mean to freak you out.

The results were finally being announced and I was kinda excited for the bands. I was rooting for Audio Break'out, 3dash1 and Aspirin. And guess what? They were the Top 3 bands. Aspirin got Third place, Audio Break'Out - 2nd and 3dash1 were crowned champions. And they undeniably deserved it. Congrats to all the bands, i think they all did awesome!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tini w/ Sunset Boulevard

Baybeats 2005
-------------------
Baybeats 2005 rocks.
You've got to be there to know how rockin' it was 'cause i don't how to go on describing it in words. I guess it was best for me 'cause I got to see Copeland on Sunday when I went down with elii. They are fabulous. We saw them at two separate sets. One at The Village when they did acoustics, and another at The Arena. Wow. I guess it was awesome also because we were inside the area where u have to pass the Security to get in. and even though the place was PACKED, there weren't alot of people standing near our spot so while we got to feel the atmosphere, we still got to listen to them in peace. Bliss.
Before Copeland was Electrico. They're impressive and I was really happy 'cause the turnout was incredible. This meant that more people are supporting local music. That's great news.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Half of elii and 3/4 of Copeland

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

an attempt to take a pic in the dark using Night Mode. Failed.

later.


the glamourchine laughed at 11:58 PM
Comments: Post a Comment






















ME




On Repeat




...




LINKS




PEOPLE





ARCHIVES




PIC




TAGBOARD




CREDIT