Tuesday, August 30, 2005

humour me.

Battle of the Bands 2005 - Interschool. the competition on Saturday was a lot of fun. complicated but fun. it was held at West Spring Seondary School. although i have to say that we felt pretty out of place. the concept of our band were totally different. but no matter how different a band is from the rest, i still believe that what's most important is that we're all in it for the music. the competitions are simply a platform to challenge ourselves to see how far we can go and also to push ourselves to give in our best.

but some people are obviously more narrow-minded than others.

Here's to the people who criticized us and supposedly "don't like us".

At least we had the guts to try. Everybody's got to start somewhere and we're not afraid to make mistakes and we're not afraid to be let down. Most importantly, we're not afraid to lose. Not afraid to fail. If you think that being an "all-talk, no action" is a good way to start, by all means.

What doesn't kill you, will only make you stronger.

I'd really appreciate criticisms if they were directed at our weaknesses and areas which we can work on. But if you "don't like us" JUST BECAUSE, then it's a waste of time. Save your breath and leave it to your little gossip sessions because it doesn't help, neither will it affect us in any way. Don't make me call u the "K" word!

*drops serious tone*

I don't know if it's good or bad that we lost by a mark. Yep. We lost by a mark. Well, I'm not gonna make a big deal out of the marks. I'd like to thank 2 of the judges, Paul Das and the drummer from Ministry of Rock (i think his name is Akim?) for your comments when I approached them after the competition that day. Really appreciate it.

Well, I guess after observing all the bands, the organisers felt that a mark was indeed a big deal, and felt we deserved certain "tokens" that had initially been offered only to the official winners of the competition.

That performance had been a pretty special one, I'd say, because that was the first time my parents ever saw me performed. Coolness. It was nice seeing their pleased faces in the crowd.

Anyway, I knew it was going to be another *testosterone-overloaded* day, so I had a flower in my hair the WHOLE day just so I'd feel more girlish. And whadya know, I loved having a flower in my hair! Who cares if i looked silly...I had a flower in my hair! I never had a flower in my hair before. heh.

To all who came down to support us, THANKS EH!

To Hairul, who got the Best Bassist Award, congrats, the next jamming sessions are gonna be on you. Haha.

To the guys, im proud of u all lah. Let them say what they want. We're not gonna let anyone or anything dampen our spirits.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Congrats to all the winners! Even the rude ones...

later.

My dad just called me out to tell me a lame joke.

What's a deer with no eye?

Ans: No idea.

Heh.


the glamourchine laughed at 10:50 PM
Comments: Post a Comment






















ME




On Repeat




...




LINKS




PEOPLE





ARCHIVES




PIC




TAGBOARD




CREDIT