Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My weekend was a BLAST!

Friday, i was out with Aishah. Have u been to the new Marina Square? It's not ready yet but it looks totally different! No longer "ULU". It's about time they had a makeover anyway, seeing that it's right beside the Esplanade.

Guess where i spent my Saturday evening? I was at the NIGHT SAFARI! I've never been there before and that was my first time. Night Safari-virgin no more! I had so much fun, i felt like an 8 yr-old! When we first stepped in, there was this platform near the entrance where you could take a snapshot, using your own camera,with an Owl, Python and a Serval for a minimum donation of $5.

So there's a guy with a Python around his neck on the "stage" and another guy who collects the donation and stamp your hand. I was so excited to take a pic with the Python but my sister hates (read: fears) snakes. So while i was quequing she came to me and said, "Fiz, why don't you ask the guy to help you take the picture. I scared my hand shake!". And that guy heard her and said, "Tenang aja, tenang aja." The way he said that, i assumed he was Indonesian working at the Night Safari. And then i heard him talk to other tourists then the way he spoke to me...he thought MY SIS & I were Indonesians! muahahaha....

The rest of the trip was really super fun, the tram, the Creatures of The Night Show, the walk trails, the suspension bridge. However, if you really wanna enjoy yourself, don't go with someone yang tak reti nak diam, someone who's afraid of the dark, someone yang ngada-ngada, someone who's.....u get the drift. I LOVE THE NIGHT SAFARI!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday, i went to A LOT of Malay weddings. Been a long time since i last went to one. That Sunday however, was a relatively star-studded one. At one of the weddings, we saw a lot of old-skool singers including Maria Bachok, Taufik Batisah's aunt.

Now, do any of you people know this old rock band from the late 80s-early 90s, "Last-Minute"?
You see, i've never actually heard any of their songs. At my grandma's old house, everytime i walk to into my uncle's room, there will be this big framed poster at the corner of the room. It's a poster of this old band "Last minute" and my uncle was the guitarist in the band. I didn't think much of it until last Sunday when i went to a wedding at Bukit Panjang.

I was at the wedding with my uncle, his wife, my grandma and my family. Then my uncle saw his old friend who came over to say hi to all of us. Then my mom asked,"Where's your wife?". And this vivacious lady came over and salam everyone in a "long time no see" manner. While all this was happening my sister was quietly narrating to poor, blur me.

Sis: This guy was in the band together with Ucu (my uncle).
Me: Which band?
Sis: Last-minute lah. Oh and that's his wife, Manisah. Don't pray-pray okay, last time she very popular....
Me: How come?
Sis: Coz she was the vocalist of Last-Minute!
Me: What?? You mean that's the lady in that poster ?? You mean Last-Minute was actually famous back then??
Sis: Well, they were one of the well-knowned local rock bands last time.
Me: So, Ucu was also popular back then??

I still don't really know how famous they were. Then yesterday, my parents has the radio station "RIA" on and they played this old song. And my dad went, "Ah there..this is Last-Minute lah. U knoe that lady we met yesterday? That's her singing..." As i listened on, the DJ mentioned that this song is to be released in a new compilation CD & VCD (DVD?) karaoke. That's why they are having this Rock Singing Competition every week at TKC.

hahahaha...my weekend was a BLAST!

Now, i'm going out with Shahidah.

later.


the glamourchine laughed at 12:10 PM
Comments: Post a Comment






















ME




On Repeat




...




LINKS




PEOPLE





ARCHIVES




PIC




TAGBOARD




CREDIT