Wednesday, April 13, 2005

To my friends who are reading this , i'll be starting school on 20th June. i thot i'd juz type it here so i dun have to repeat it each time i bump into sumone. I'm goin to Clementi Ite. yeah, SURPRISE! im going to Ite. i have to say its a very tough decision to make. It took me a year! I'm glad i made it, though. I have been getting quite a number of weird if not negative responses from some people.

Person: hey Fiza, so what are you doin now?

fiza: i'll be going to Clementi Ite.
Person A: (trying really hard not to let mouth drop open to the floor and settled for "a little
shocked" but still remained cool) Really? How come? Do you really not have other
options? Are you sure you wanna do this? But why? You can go poly what...eh i
heard that school got a lot of Minahs u knoe....
Person B: (silence......) Oh. (silence....)That's cool. (silence....) ok...good luck.
Person C: WHAATTT????? Are you crazy??? You want to go ITE??? WHY????

Of course i also get very encouraging responses. And i really appreciate it. My family have been very supportive from the start. I've talked to my close friends about this over & over again. The only reason why a lot of us think that ITE is a so-called "bad" place to go is because when we were in Secondary school, being in the 2nd Express class meant that we were supposed to aim to continue our studies in JC or Polytechnics, which was what most did of course. So the teachers would go, "Class, if you pass your O levels, you can go to the JC or Poly of your choice. But if you fail badly then the only choice you have is (with ominous background music...jeng jeng jeng) ITE!"

You see? Ite was pretty much a taboo issue. Nobody speaks of it unless they're threatening someone who's not working hard for their Os. That also explains why i knoe NUTS about life in ITE. I hav friends who failed their Os but would never go to ITE no matter what. I got the hint that it's coz its gonna affect their reputation and "social status". You knoe....those uppetty people with noses higher than the sky? yeah..well, if ur so good you wouldnt have failed ur Os in the first place. and as for the mat & minah issue. well...lets juz say im keeping my mind open. They're still human after all. Even though a lot of my frens voiced their worries for me "Fiza, what if u turn into a minah"...haha. I heard somewhere that Clementi Ite's reportedly known as a "Chic Heaven". Fiza, get ready to be an outcast :)

For your information, i did NOT fail my Os. i admit im not the most studious in my class where people dun care whether u pass or not, but it was how many distinctions you got that matters. However, i did lack a credit. And so the courses offered to me were the ones i weren't interested in. So instead i took up Hairstyling!! i went to a hairstyling school in town for about 6 mnths. It was also like a salon so we got customers to practise on. mainly tai tais & expats...imagine the tips we got! ooh yeah! i got to go to posh seminars, fashion show, schmooze with who's who.

ok ppl, stay tuned to find out more about my experience in ITE!


the glamourchine laughed at 11:25 AM
Comments: Post a Comment






















ME




On Repeat




...




LINKS




PEOPLE





ARCHIVES




PIC




TAGBOARD




CREDIT